Monday, November 14, 2011

Being a Single Mother

I have recently found myself in a new category; instead of marking "married" on an application, I now  mark "single" or "divorced". It isn't by my choosing either.  I now face challenges I never knew existed!  If you are a single mother juggling children, career and chaos you know what I speak of!!  My hat is off to single mothers everywhere; you are my heroes!    

One word sums up how I feel: Exhausted!

I have four children ranging from 14 years down to 11 months old.  You can't tell me I am "Lazy"!  My whole life revolves around them! They are the reason for waking up each morning.  They are the reason for laying down to sleep at night. But I have no one taking care of Me. I am doing all the care-taking and giving.  My "payday" isn't every two weeks, sometimes my "payday" doesn't come for a month or even years. 

 Being a single mother = ups and downs,  tears of joy and sorrow,  lonely days and especially nights, headaches and back pains, and, of course, a lot of LAUGHS!  You've got to find the humor in the mix of it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment